Apple rolls out Security update iOS 10.3.1 update for iPhone 5, 5c
Apple Security update iOS 10.3.1 roll outs and available for iPhone 5,5c and later, iPad 4th generation and later.
Apple has started to rolling out iOS 10.3.1 for its devices as a security update. the main key feature of this update is it supports iOS 10.3.1 for 32 bit devices like 5 and 5c. This update specially roll out for the devices which facing problem with 32 bit devices upgrading problem to iOS 10.3.
Key features of iOS 10.3.1
- Find My AirPods added to Find My iPhone app
- Siri support for cricket scores from Indian Premier League and International Cricket Council
- Safari support for Reduced Motion preference
- Prominent user security section in Settings app
- iOS 10.3 uses new Apple File System (APFS) which may free up some space
- Podcasts app has a widget like Music app, same app design
- New system level way for developers to request app rating, opt out option in Settings
- CarPlay status bar has persistent quick access to media, communication, and travel apps for quick switching without accessing the Home screen
- CarPlay gains quick access to albums from songs in Music, new Up Next screen
- Weather data in Maps app now has 3D Touch forecast
“iOS 10.3.1 have new features including the locate AirPods using Find My iPhone and more ways to use Siri with payment via voice, ” the update reads. Apple Security updates page lists that iOS 10.3.1 is available for iPhone 5 and later, iPad 4th generation and later as well as iPod touch 6th generation and later.
To download iOS 10.3.1 update, go to General in Setting tab. Next, click on Software Update. Here you’ll find the latest and more. Now click on ‘Download and Install’ to download the update. Remember to take a back up of all your data before downloading. Also, make sure you’re connected to Wi-Fi and there’s at least 50 per cent charge on your iPhone.
Further, Apple has stopped support for 32-bit apps with its iOS 10.3.2 beta, which was released last week. Apple will now show a alert message shows needs to be updated, every time users open a 32-bit app. It reads, “This app will not work with future versions of iOS. The developer of this app needs to update it to improve its compatibility.”
Apple iOS 10.3 remains one of the major updates, one that brings support for features such as Find My AirPods, more functionalities for Siri as well as CarPlay improvements and better filesystem. Find My Airpods allow users to find their missing AirPods using the Find My iPhone app at any give time to locate Airpods Immediately..
Siri can now gives cricket scores and other related statistics. Further, the voice-assistant can schedule rides using ride booking apps, monitor car fuel level, and turn on lights with select automaker apps. CarPlay improvements include new shortcuts in the status bar, curated playlists in Apple Music and support for UpNext option in Apple Music’s Now Playing tab.